Slimming World’s Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
Last updated 24th August 2022
This statement is published in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015. It sets out the steps that Slimming World has taken to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or our supply chains.
Please scroll down to browse the following details of our Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement:
- Business and supply chain overview
- Our supply chain standards
- Our code of conduct
Business and supply chain overview
Slimming World’s Head Office is in Somercotes, Derbyshire.
The Slimming World service (including the sale of products) is provided through our community-based groups, run by self-employed franchisees (Consultants). Products and services are sourced from a variety of suppliers based locally, nationally and internationally.
Respecting human rights and environmental issues is the responsibility of our suppliers, however as customers we take our own responsibility very seriously and clearly communicate our expectations to our suppliers and our self-employed Consultants.
Our supply chain standards
Our supply chain includes the sourcing of raw materials to create our publications, stationery, promotional materials and food products, which all support our members with their weight loss.
We’re wholeheartedly committed to ensuring that there’s no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. Our Management Philosophy reflects our commitment to:
- acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships
- implementing and enforcing effective controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking isn’t taking place at any point in our supply chains
How Slimming World does this:
- Where possible, we build long-standing relationships with our suppliers and make our expectations of business behaviour clear.
- With regards to national or international supply chains, our preferred point of contact is with a UK company or branch.
- We encourage any concerns to be reported, and for those concerns to be acted on. Our Whistle Blowing Policy protects anyone who raises concerns.
- We have zero tolerance for slavery and human trafficking. We expect every company within our supply chain and contractors to comply with our values.
- We have reviewed and strengthened our terms and conditions for all our suppliers, requiring them to ensure ethical working standards within their own business and supply chains.
We recognise the importance of strengthening our policies in this important area and through 2022/2023 we’ll:
- Continue to monitor our key suppliers to ensure they have suitable anti-slavery and human trafficking policies and processes
- Continue to audit at-risk Tier 1 supplier factories to monitor compliance. If any issues are identified, the supplier will be required to resolve all issues within an agreed time period
- Raise awareness and understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, through training for relevant members of staff
Our code of conduct
Slimming World’s Company Operating Standards and Management Philosophy set out clear expectations as to the conduct and behaviour of all managers, employees, and Consultants, and aim to establish a company culture in which mutual co-operation and mutual trust are valued, and where raising our members' self-esteem and motivation is essential to our success. We live by, promote and train our vision and values on a daily basis.
This is underpinned by key company policies and procedures including:
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Dignity at Work Policy
- Anti-Bribery Policy
- Whistle Blowing Policy
which set out to establish our commitment to human rights, basic working conditions, and corporate responsibility.
This statement was approved by the Directors and signed by the Managing Director of the Company, at its board meeting on 27th July 2022.
This is the official website of Slimming World