Warm chilli chicken salad
A fresh tomato salad dressed with fat-free vinaigrette is a good accompaniment to this spicy dish. However, if you want to serve boiled rice with the chicken, add 2 Syns per 25g if you're following the Original choice.
- 4 x 150g chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 level tablespoons tikka curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 225g thin green beans
- 110g baby spinach leaves
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the lemon juice, spoon in the tikka curry paste and garlic. Gently toss the chicken in this spicy marinade and then cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator or a cool place for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan. When hot, pour in the chicken and the marinade. Stir-fry over a medium heat for about 5–7 minutes, turning the chicken until it is cooked right through. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, top and tail the beans and blanch them in a pan of boiling, salted water until they are just tender but retain some bite. Drain well and toss with the baby spinach leaves.
- To serve, pile the spinach and beans into the centre of each serving plate and top with the strips of hot chicken. Drizzle over a little natural yogurt and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 25th May and 13th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our latest recipe book Little Book of Summer, saving an extra £13.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member