Strawberries and cream sponge cake
A light, moist sponge bursting with juicy strawberries and a creamy filling - a tempting teatime treat.
- Serves: 10
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- 198g/7oz low fat spread suitable for baking (such as Anchor Spreadable Reduced fat)
- 6-8 tbsp artificial sweetener (or according to taste)
- 4 eggs
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- 198g/7oz self-raising flour
- 200g pot quark
- 175g Mullerlight Strawberry Yogurt
- 511g/1 lb 2oz strawberries
- 1 tsp icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Line two 8in/20cm cake tins with greaseproof paper. Mix the spread with the sweetener until smooth and then gradually beat in the eggs and vanilla essence. Sift the flour and fold into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the cake tins and bake for 25-30 minutes (until the sponge springs back when lightly touched). Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix the quark with the yogurt; halve most of the strawberries and slice the remainder. Place one sponge on a plate, top with the strawberry halves and pour over the yogurt mixture. Place the second sponge on top and decorate with the sliced strawberries. Dust with a little icing sugar and serve immediately.
Tip: Our tester says: "I found that I wanted to use extra sweetener in the sponge mixture so I added more until I was happy with the taste. The end result was lovely."
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.