This mild coconut curry will handle just about any veg you want to throw in.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 6 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 2 courgettes, cut into batons
- 200g green beans, halved
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into batons
- 100ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 500ml boiling vegetable stock
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into slivers, to serve (optional)
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the shallots and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilli, ginger, turmeric, cumin and peppercorns and stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, courgettes, green beans and potato. Pour in the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the veg are tender.
- Season to taste, squeeze over the lemon juice and scatter over the chilli slivers if you want a fiery finish! Serve hot with your favourite rice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.