Tender breaded escalopes with tangy red cabbage.
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg
- 8 x 100g pork escalopes, visible fat removed
- 600g new potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks, to serve
- Small handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
For the sauerkraut:
- 400g red cabbage, thinly shredded
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Pinch of sweetener
- 3 juniper berries
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 50ml cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- For the sauerkraut, boil the cabbage in lightly salted water for 5 minutes, then tip into a colander, drain and leave to cool. Spray the same saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and stir-fry the onions over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes, until softened but not coloured. Stir in the cabbage, sweetener, juniper berries, stock and vinegar, then simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced and the cabbage is tender. Season well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic salt and mixed herbs in a bowl. Season lightly, stir and spread out on a plate. Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and beat lightly. Dip each pork escalope into the egg, coat evenly in the breadcrumbs, then put on a lined baking tray.
- Boil the potatoes for 3-4 minutes. Drain and place in a single layer
on a non-stick baking tray. Lightly spray with low-calorie cooking
spray and season. Bake with the pork schnitzels for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and the schnitzels are cooked through. Serve the schnitzels with the sauerkraut and potatoes, sprinkled with parsley and black pepper.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.