Tender breaded escalopes with tangy red cabbage.
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs, ready made
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg
- 8 x 100g pork escalopes, all visible fat removed
- 600g new potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks, to serve
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
For the sauerkraut:
- 400g red cabbage, thinly shredded
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- A pinch of sweetener
- 3 juniper berries
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 50ml cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- For the sauerkraut, boil the cabbage in lightly salted water for 5 minutes, then tip into a colander, drain and leave to cool. Spray the same pan with low-calorie cooking spray and stir-fry the onions over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes, until softened but not coloured. Stir in the cabbage, sweetener, juniper berries, stock and vinegar, then
simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced and the cabbage is tender. Season well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic salt and dried mixed herbs in a bowl, season well, stir and spread out on a plate. Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and beat lightly. Dip each pork escalope into the egg, coat in the breadcrumbs, then put on a lined baking tray.
- Boil the potatoes for 3-4 minutes. Drain and place in a single layer
on a non-stick baking tray. Lightly spray with low-calorie cooking
spray and season. Bake with the pork schnitzels for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and the schnitzels are cooked through. Serve the schnitzels with the sauerkraut and potatoes, garnished with parsley and a twist of black pepper.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member