Filling lentils are at the heart of this colourful curry flavoured with mild spices, garlic and ginger.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp tandoori curry powder
- ½ x 400g can green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100ml boiling vegetable stock
- 100g peeled raw king or tiger prawns
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- coriander sprigs, to garnish
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the shallot and yellow pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes or until beginning to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic, ginger and tandoori curry powder and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil over a high heat then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the prawns and scatter over the spinach then cover and cook for 3 minutes or until the prawns are pink and the spinach has wilted.
- Season to taste and stir well, then scatter over the coriander sprigs and serve hot with lemon wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 20th January and get free membership and two free weeks when you buy a 12 week Countdown - saving £19.90!
Or pay weekly and get half-price membership - just £5 to join and £4.95 a week. That's £9.95 to pay at your first group - saving £5!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member