Indian vegetable curry
The addition of fat free natural yogurt to this curry gives it a marvellous creamy texture. Instead of naan bread, chutneys and other high-Syn Indian delicacies, why not enjoy this delicious curry with some Free siced tomato, cucumber and plain boiled rice.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- Green: FREE
- Original: FREE
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 568ml/1pt vegetable stock
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 x 2½cm/1in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 113g/4oz button mushrooms
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 113g/4oz cauliflower florets
- 113g/4oz broccoli florets
- 142g/5oz fat-free natural yogurt
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
for the spice mixture:
- 2 tbsps cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 cloves
- Make the spice mixture by grinding all the spices together in an electric grinder or with a pestle and mortar.
- Put the onions, garlic and half of the stock in heavy saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil for 5-10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the onions are tender, golden and syrupy.
- Add the chilli, ginger, turmeric and ground spice mixture. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes to allow the spices to release their aroma. Add the mushrooms, aubergine and cauliflower with the remaining stock. Cover the pan and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli separately in boiling salted water until just tender and still a lovely bright green. Drain and add to the curry with the yogurt. Stir in very gently over the lowest heat possible and heat through gently. Do not allow to boil or the yogurt will curdle.
- Check the seasoning and serve the curry immediately, scattered with coriander.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.