Indian prawn curry with cardamom cabbage
Create a spice sensation for your friends and family with this delicious recipe!
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp each of ground coriander and cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 courgette
- 200ml passata
- 550g cooked prawns
- 200g fat free natural fromage frais
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ white cabbage
- 1 green cardamom pod
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic. Place in a pan with the ginger, coriander, cumin, chilli powder and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Dice the courgette, add to the pan with the passata, bring back to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the prawns, fromage frais, herbs and seasoning, remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Chop the cabbage, place in a pan of boiling water, cook for 5-6 minutes, then drain. Crush the seeds from the cardamom pod, mix into the cabbage and serve hot with the prawn curry, garnished with lime wedges.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.