Here’s a low Syn version of gingerbread biscuits; it’s up to you whether to make them into gingerbread men!
- 150g plain flour
- 60g self raising flour
- 60g cornflour
- 2 level tbsp artificial sweetener
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp finely chopped glacé ginger
- 2 level tbsp butter
- 2 level tbsp low fat soft cheese
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp almond or vanilla essence
- Sift the plain flour, self-raising flour, cornflour, sweetener and ground ginger into a bowl and mix. Mix in the glacé ginger.
- Beat together the butter, low fat soft cheese, oil, egg and essence in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture and mix quickly into a dough, if too dry, add a few drops of cold water. Knead gently, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a floured board and roll out to ½cm thickness. Cut into 30 shapes and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 170°C/150°C Fan/Gas 3 for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool before serving.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.