This delicious fish dish will save you over 30 Syns compared to the chip shop variety. It's delicious and is sure to give you that Friday feeling - dive in!
- 4 x 150g cod fillets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 900g Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 60g dried breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Place the cod fillets in a bowl, sprinkle over the lemon juice and season well. Leave to marinate for an hour.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into thick chips. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the chips for 5 minutes. Drain and dry on kitchen paper. Return to the dry pan and shake to ‘rough up’ the edges. Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet, spray with low calorie cooking spray and season well.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning to taste. Lightly beat the eggs and place in a bowl. Dip each cod fillet into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs mixture to coat evenly and place on a baking sheet sprayed with low calorie oil spray.
- Place the chips in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Add the fish and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Divide between four plates and serve with tomato ketchup (1 Syn per level tbsp).