A fabulous fusion of Mediterranean flavours, this is one sexy salad!
- 200g fresh or frozen podded broad beans
- 200g plain dried couscous
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 12 baby carrots, scrubbed and halved lengthways
- 500g asparagus, trimmed
- 2 courgettes thinly sliced lengthways
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 2 unwaxed lemons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 60g feta, crumbled
- Boil the beans for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Drain reserving 300ml of the cooking water.
- Put the couscous in a shallow, heatproof bowl. Dissolve the stock cube in the reserved water and pour over the couscous. Stir in the beans and cover with cling film. Leave to stand for 8-10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed then fluff up with a fork.
- Meanwhile, put the carrots, asparagus and courgettes in a bowl and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Add the garlic and half the lemon zest and juice, season and toss. Place a griddle pan over a high heat. When hot, cook the carrots for 4 minutes, then turn. Add the courgettes and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the asparagus for the last 4 minutes, turning once, until browned and tender.
- Stir the remaining lemon juice into the couscous with a little pepper and mint. Spoon onto 4 plates and top with griddled veg. Scatter over the feta and the remaining lemon zest to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.