This luxurious version of an old standby elevates the humble macaroni cheese into something really special.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 110g mushrooms, sliced
- 60g sun dried tomatoes
- 250g dried pasta tubes or shapes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
For the white sauce
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 284ml/½pt skimmed milk
- 140g fat free natural fromage frais
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, or until soft. Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the leeks, courgettes and mushrooms over a low heat for 8-10 minutes, until softened. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and remove from the heat.
- Make the sauce. Blend the cornflour with a little milk. Heat the remaining milk and bring to the boil. Stir in the cornflour mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and beat in the fromage frais, mustard and nutmeg with a wooden spoon. Season to taste.
- Stir most of the grated cheese into the sauce, reserving a little for the topping. Put the vegetables and pasta into an ovenproof dish and pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4 for 20-30 minutes, until crisp and golden. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tip: This meal can also be made with gluten-free pasta
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member