These veggie burgers have a spicy kick and are great served with Slimming World's Syn Free chips.
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- ½ red pepper
- 1-2 tsp mild curry powder
- 2 x 400g can of butter beans, drained
- 110g sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 60g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 900g Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas Mark 9. Peel and finely chop the onion, peel and coarsely grate the carrot, deseed and finely chop the pepper, place in a pan with the curry powder and 150ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Mash the beans with a fork or blend in a food processor until smooth. Stir in the sweetcorn, vegetables, breadcrumbs, egg and seasoning. Shape into 8 burgers, cover and chill until required.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1cm thick chips. Place in a pan of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and set aside for 10 minutes to dry.
- Return the chips to the pan, cover and shake to ''rough up'' the edges - this helps make them crisp. Spray a baking tray with Frylight, add the chips, spray again and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden.
- Arrange the burgers on a foil lined grill rack, spray with low calorie cooking spray and place under a medium/hot grill for approximately 5 minutes on each side until golden. Share the chips and burgers between 4 plates. Sprinkle with coriander to serve.
Tip: You can freeze the veggie burgers
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member