These veggie burgers have a spicy kick and are great served with Slimming World's Syn Free chips.
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- ½ red pepper
- 1-2 tsp mild curry powder
- 2 x 400g can of butter beans, drained
- 110g sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 60g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 900g Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas Mark 9. Peel and finely chop the onion, peel and coarsely grate the carrot, deseed and finely chop the pepper, place in a pan with the curry powder and 150ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Mash the beans with a fork or blend in a food processor until smooth. Stir in the sweetcorn, vegetables, breadcrumbs, egg and seasoning. Shape into 8 burgers, cover and chill until required.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1cm thick chips. Place in a pan of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and set aside for 10 minutes to dry.
- Return the chips to the pan, cover and shake to ''rough up'' the edges - this helps make them crisp. Spray a baking tray with Frylight, add the chips, spray again and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden.
- Arrange the burgers on a foil lined grill rack, spray with low calorie cooking spray and place under a medium/hot grill for approximately 5 minutes on each side until golden. Share the chips and burgers between 4 plates. Sprinkle with coriander to serve.
Tip: You can freeze the veggie burgers
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.