Sweet potato chips are the ideal accompaniment for this Free feast.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into chips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 8 baby sweetcorn
- large pinch of chipotle chilli powder or flakes (see tip)
- large pinch of paprika
- pinch of garlic salt
- 1 lean beef steak such as fillet or sirloin, visible fat removed
- juice of ½ lime, plus a wedge to serve
- small handful of roughly chopped fresh coriander
- Cook the sweet potato chips in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water over a high heat for 5-6 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and tip into a bowl then toss with a little seasoning and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Put the red pepper and sweetcorn in another bowl, spray with low calorie cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the chipotle powder, paprika and garlic salt in a small bowl. Spray the steak on both sides with low calorie cooking spray and rub with the chipotle mixture to coat.
- Place a large non-stick griddle pan over a high heat. When smoking hot, add the steak, red pepper and sweetcorn and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the steak and peppers over and shake the pan to move the sweetcorn.
- Add the sweet potato chips and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, turning the vegetables frequently. Remove the steak from the pan and leave to rest for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle the lime juice over the vegetables and shake the pan to coat well.
- Put the steak and all the vegetables on a plate, scatter over the coriander and serve hot with a lime wedge.
Tip: Most supermarkets stock chipotle powder, chipotle flakes or dried chipotle chillies.