Sweet potato chips are the ideal accompaniment for this Free feast.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into chips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 8 baby sweetcorn
- large pinch of chipotle chilli powder or flakes (see tip)
- large pinch of paprika
- pinch of garlic salt
- 1 lean beef steak such as fillet or sirloin, visible fat removed
- juice of ½ lime, plus a wedge to serve
- small handful of roughly chopped fresh coriander
- Cook the sweet potato chips in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water over a high heat for 5-6 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and tip into a bowl then toss with a little seasoning and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Put the red pepper and sweetcorn in another bowl, spray with low calorie cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the chipotle powder, paprika and garlic salt in a small bowl. Spray the steak on both sides with low calorie cooking spray and rub with the chipotle mixture to coat.
- Place a large non-stick griddle pan over a high heat. When smoking hot, add the steak, red pepper and sweetcorn and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the steak and peppers over and shake the pan to move the sweetcorn.
- Add the sweet potato chips and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, turning the vegetables frequently. Remove the steak from the pan and leave to rest for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle the lime juice over the vegetables and shake the pan to coat well.
- Put the steak and all the vegetables on a plate, scatter over the coriander and serve hot with a lime wedge.
Tip: Most supermarkets stock chipotle powder, chipotle flakes or dried chipotle chillies.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member