Chinese duck pancakes
Everyone loves this timeless restaurant dish - and who would have thought it could be slimming-friendly?
- 3 x 175g skinless duck breasts
- 4 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp Szechuan peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1 tsp ground star anise
- 6 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 8 Chinese rice flour pancakes
- 8 level tsp plum sauce
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely shredded
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and cut into strips
- Place the duck breasts in a ceramic bowl in a single layer.
- Mix the five-spice powder, peppercorns, star anise, soy sauce and sesame oil together in a bowl. Pour this mixture over the duck, cover and marinate for 8 hours or overnight if time permits.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Spray the duck lightly with low calorie cooking spray. Heat a large frying pan until hot and sear the duck breasts for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the duck from the oven, thinly slice the flesh and place in a warmed dish.
- Warm the pancakes according to the packet instructions.
- To assemble, spread 1 teaspoon of plum sauce on to each pancake and top with the spring onions, cucumber and duck. Carefully wrap the pancakes around the filling and eat immediately.
Tip: You can use lettuce leaves instead of pancakes and save on Syns.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 20th January and get free membership and two free weeks when you buy a 12 week Countdown - saving £19.90!
Or pay weekly and get half-price membership - just £5 to join and £4.95 a week. That's £9.95 to pay at your first group - saving £5!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member