Chinese chicken and lettuce wraps
Delicious and bursting with flavour, these lettuce rolls are a great idea for entertaining or a family meal.
- 500g skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 4 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 level tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 6 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- A small handful each of roughly chopped fresh coriander and mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated, to serve
- Place the chicken, lemon grass, lime leaves, red chilli, garlic, chives and ginger into a blender or food processor and blend briefly until everything is very finely chopped – be careful not to overblend, as you don’t want to make a paste.
- Spray a wok or large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until browned, then add the sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce.
- Reduce the heat a little and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes, then add the spring onions and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the heat, pour over the lime juice and toss in the chopped
herbs. Season to taste and stir to mix well
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the lettuce leaves and serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce (1½ Syns per level tablespoon).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member