Usually fried this Indian street food snack is baked here for a healthy, delicious starter.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 200g freshly mashed potato
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tsp roasted cumin seeds crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Place the chickpeas and onion in a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes or until roughly mashed. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the potatoes, chilli powder, turmeric, egg, roasted coriander and cumin seeds and the chopped herbs. Season well with salt, cover and chill in the fridge for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Divide the chickpea mixture into 12 portions and shape each one into a flat cake or patty.
- Place the patties on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Serve immediately with cucumber.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.