This one-pot favourite is filled with flavour and just right for family mealtimes.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 450g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-size chunks
- 6 syn-free Slimming World sausages, sliced
- 1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250g long grain rice
- 450ml chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a large pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes to soften. Stir in the chicken and sausages and carry on cooking over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers, courgettes, thyme, lemon zest, chopped tomatoes, rice and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and season to taste. Leave the jambalaya in the pan for a few minutes to soak up any remaining liquid. Serve sprinkled with some freshly chopped parsley.