A jar of curry sauce can be upwards of 30 Syns! Spice up your slimming with this creamy curry that’s completely Free!
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 600ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 x 2.5cm piece cinnamon stick
- 4 black peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp peeled and grated root ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 275ml fat free natural yogurt, bought to room temperature
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
- Put the onion and 425ml of the chicken stock in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and then boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes, until the onion is tender, golden and syrupy.
- Add all the spices and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for a few minutes to coat in the spices, then stir in the remaining chicken stock.
- Cover the pan and simmer very gently over a medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Transfer the curry to a large serving bowl. Add 4 tbsp of the cooking sauce to the yogurt and stir well. Gradually add the yogurt into the curry, stirring continuously.
- Season to taste with salt, and serve immediately with boiled rice, and garnish with the chopped coriander.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.