Our version of the ever-popular dish features tasty pasta mixed with cheese, mustard and quark – and there’s no need to make a fiddly white sauce!
- 500g dried macaroni
- 2 trimmed leeks, thinly sliced
- 200g plain quark
- 200ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp onion granules
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Small handful of chopped fresh chives
- 50g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions, adding the
leeks for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain and return to
- Meanwhile, preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Put the quark, stock, onion granules, garlic, mustard powder, chives
and three-quarters of the cheese in a small pan and whisk to mix
together. Heat gently until the mixture is fairly smooth and season
lightly. Stir the sauce into the drained macaroni and leek and toss to
- Spoon the macaroni mixture into 4 individual heatproof dishes
arranged on a baking tray (or use a shallow casserole dish). Sprinkle
over the remaining cheese, season, then grill for 4 minutes or until
golden and bubbling. Serve hot with salad or the vegetables of your choice.
Tip: If you like a bit of extra spice, add 1 tsp dried chilli flakes to the quark mixture.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.