Our version of the ever-popular dish features tasty pasta mixed with cheese, mustard and quark – and there’s no need to make a fiddly white sauce!
- 500g dried macaroni
- 2 trimmed leeks, thinly sliced
- 200g quark
- 200ml boiling vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp onion granules
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Small handful of chopped fresh chives
- 50g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions, adding the
leeks for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain and return to
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Put the quark, stock, onion granules, garlic, mustard powder, chives
and three-quarters of the cheese in a small pan and whisk to mix
together. Heat gently until the mixture is fairly smooth and season
well. Stir the sauce into the drained macaroni and leek and toss to
- Spoon the macaroni mixture into four individual heatproof dishes
arranged on a baking tray (or use a shallow casserole dish). Sprinkle
over the remaining cheese, season and grill for 4 minutes or until
golden and bubbling. Serve hot with salad or vegetables
of your choice.
Tip: If you like a bit of extra spice, add 1 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes to the quark mixture.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.