Hearty and warming, this beef and pasta dish will soon become a firm family favourite.
- 400g dried pasta shapes
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 250g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250ml beef stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 110g reduced fat mozzarella cheese, diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain well.
- Stir-fry the onion, carrot, garlic, mushrooms and mince in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and oregano and bring to the boil. Season well, cover and cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon half of the sauce into the base of a medium sized baking dish and top with the cooked pasta. Spoon over the remaining sauce and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until bubbling. Remove and serve with wilted spinach or green vegetables.
Tip: Make double the quantity and freeze half then you’ll always have a satisfying supper on stand-by.