This ‘fakeaway’ version of the Indian favourite is packed with Speed Free Food veggies (super for speeding up your weight loss!) and is delicious with a bowl of basmati rice.
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean rump steak
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp madras curry powder
- 2 level tbsp tomato puree
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 250g mushrooms, halved
- 275ml beef stock
- 200g dried basmati rice
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Spray a saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes. Cut the steak into strips, add to the pan with the red peppers and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the curry powder and tomato puree and mix well.
- Peel and chop the squash and stir into the pan with the mushrooms. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions and drain.
- Serve the curry drizzled with yogurt and scattered with coriander, with rice on the side.
Tip: The curry is freezer-friendly, without the rice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.