Squash and sweet potato are seriously satisfying and they taste amazing in this luxurious stew.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 10 lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 600g prepared butternut squash and sweet potato chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml boiling vegetable stock
- 200g trimmed green beans
- Spray a large saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the bacon, onion, squash, sweet potato and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes, dried herbs, tomato purée and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the green beans and cook for a further 8 minutes or until piping hot.
- Remove from the heat and ladle into warmed bowls to serve.
Tip: You can buy packs of prepared squash and sweet potato in some supermarkets. Any leftover stew can be made into a delicious soup by whizzing it in a blender with some more stock.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member