Bacon burger with BBQ relish
Bring your barbeque to life with this hearty burger that's packed full of flamegrilled flavours. Dieting should not taste this good - but it does!
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 30 minutes
- Cook time:
- Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- Green: 4
- Original: FREE
Add 6 Syns if not using Wholemeal roll as a Healthy Extra on Original, Green and Extra Easy.
Add 6 Syns if not using Extra lean minced beef (cooked weight) as a Healthy Extra on Green.
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 380g extra lean minced beef less than 5% fat
- 2 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Half a small red pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 tsp barbecue seasoning
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 4 rashers back bacon, all visible fat removed
- Green salad leaves
- 4 x 60g wholemeal rolls
- Finely slice the spring onions, place in a bowl with the beef, parsley and seasoning. Combine with your hands and shape into 4 burgers about 10cm in diameter. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Make the relish. Deseed and chop the pepper, chop the tomatoes, mix with the barbecue seasoning and chives, cover and chill.
- Place the burgers under a medium/hot grill for 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Add the bacon for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Layer the salad leaves, bacon, burger and relish in the rolls and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World between the 19th May and 8th June and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night and a fabulous saving of £5! PLUS join with a 12-week Countdown course and get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Little Book of Lunches, saving an extra £13.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.