Video: Aromatic lamb navarin
Lamb and chunky vegetables slowly cooked in a stock flavoured with cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves and mixed herbs - it doesn't get tastier than this!
- 900g lean lamb fillets or leg steaks, all visible fat removed
- 200g baby carrots, peeled and halved
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 baby courgettes, halved lengthways and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 200ml lamb stock
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker pot, season and stir.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on MEDIUM or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and bay leaves and serve garnished with chopped parsley.
Tip: Serve with at least one-third of a plate of Speed food on an Extra Easy day... and increase that to at least half a plate of Speed food if you're following Extra Easy SP.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.