An update on the retro pud that made school dinners worth having!
- 350g reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 6 eggs, separated
- 25g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 200g mixed berries, to serve
- Allow the ice cream to soften at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Spoon it into a line along a sheet of baking paper then, using the
paper to help you, shape it into a 20cm-long sausage. Roll it tightly in the baking paper and return it to the freezer.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Line a 30 x 20cm Swiss roll tin with baking paper and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Put the egg yolks, sugar and sweetener in a large bowl and beat using an electric hand whisk until pale and thick.
- Put the egg whites in a large, clean glass bowl and beat with a clean electric hand whisk on a medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in the egg yolk mixture. Pour into the tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 15-18 minutes, or until set and springy to touch. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Turn the sponge out onto a clean sheet of baking paper and carefully peel off the paper you baked it on. Unwrap the ice cream and put it lengthways down the middle of the sponge. Using the baking paper to help you, roll the sponge around the ice cream to enclose it and twist the ends of the paper to secure. Place the roll on its seam in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, carefully remove the baking paper. Trim the edges of the roll and cut into 16 thin slices. Divide between 8 plates and serve with the berries.
Tip: Make a chocolate roll by adding 1 level tbsp of cocoa powder to the egg yolk mixture in step 2. Add ½ Syn per serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.