These fruity bites are a breeze to make and oh-so glam.
- 100g ready-made light puff pastry
- 4 level tbsp ready-made low-fat custard
- 1 red dessert apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 level tbsp reduced-sugar apricot jam
- 1 level tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Fat-free natural fromage frais, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Divide the pastry into 4 portions, then roll each into an 8 x 10cm rectangle.
- Put the rectangles, widely spaced, on the baking tray and using a sharp knife, score a border about 5mm in from the edge of each.
- Spread the custard over the pastry and arrange the apple slices on top.
- Sprinkle over the cinnamon and ginger and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the sides of the pastries have puffed up and are slightly golden.
- Put the jam in a small pan and stir over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until melted. Lightly brush each pastry with the melted jam then serve warm, dusted with icing sugar and with a dollop of fromage frais.
Tip: For a rhubarb puff, cut 150g rhubarb into 6cm lengths and put in a pan with a little water and 2 tbsp. sweetener. Poach for 3-4 minutes, then use in place of the apple in step 1. Save 1/2 Syn per serving.