Apple's the star of our lighter take on this traditional fruit dessert, infused with the delicious sweetness of cinnamon.
- 350g eating apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 50g sultanas (or raisins)
- 8 eggs
- 4 level tbsp sweetener
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 175g any Free vanilla yogurt
- Pinch of cinnamon, to dust
- Fat-free natural fromage frais, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Arrange the apple slices in a 20cm flan dish and spinkle over most of the sultanas.
- Beat the eggs with the sweetener and vanilla extract, then add the yogurt and beat again.
- Pour the eggs over the apples and sultanas and let them sink in the fruit. Scatter over the remaining sultanas, dust with cinnamon and bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm with the fromage frais.
Tip: If making our Apple betty for vegetarians, choose a vegetarian-friendly yogurt