This perfect pastry pudding is packed with fruity goodness and delivers a cool cinnamon kick that the whole family will love - delicious served hot or cold.
- 700g cooking apples
- 25g sultanas
- ½ level tsp cinnamon
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 level tbsp sweetener
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 x small sheets filo pastry
- 25g low-fat spread, melted
- 1 level tsp icing sugar, for dusting
- Peel and core the cooking apples and slice them thinly. Mix in a bowl with the sultanas, cinnamon and lemon zest. Add the sweetener.
- Spray a large baking sheet with low calorie cooking spray and place a sheet of filo pastry on top. Brush very lightly with the low-fat spread and then cover with a second sheet. Repeat with the remaining two sheets, brushing with more low-fat spread.
- Spoon the apple filling onto the pastry lengthways, leaving the pastry uncovered at the edges. Now roll up from one long side into a cylinder, with the pastry join underneath. Pinch the ends of the cylinder to seal in the filling.
- Brush with the remaining melted low-fat spread and then bake in a preheated oven at 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5 for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- Cool slightly before dusting with icing sugar and cutting into eight equal-size slices to serve.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.