American roast beef hash
Use the leftover beef from Sunday's roast to make a delicious American-style casual meal. You can use up any leftover boiled potatoes, too. And if you like hot and spicy food, add a finely chopped fresh chilli to the hash.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 340g boiled potatoes diced
- 340g cooked lean leftover beef, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Spray a deep frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the onion gently for 8-10 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
- Add the garlic and diced potatoes and continue frying for about 10 minutes, until they are crisp and golden.
- Stir in the diced beef and season generously with salt and pepper. Continue frying and stirring occasionally until the hash is heated through.
- Meanwhile, poach 4 eggs in a pan of barely simmering water, until the white are cooked and firm. Remove carefully with a slotted spoon.
- Serve the hash sprinkled with chopped parsley with a poached egg on top of each serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.